After a week of being under the weather, it’s time that we get things back up to speed. Fortunately, today is Friday, and that means another edition of Inside The Chef’s Kitchen. Since this is still a new feature, I’ll point ya’ll to the introductory post so that you can familiarize yourself with what this is all about.
For this installment of the weekly interview series, we scored some time with Georgia native Keira Moritz. Moritz, who hales from Valdosta, currently runs the show at both Pacci Ristorante and AltoRex Lounge.
In addition to having a vibrant and warm personality, Moritz knows her food. Her prowess in the kitchen helped Pacci land on Esquire’s list of best new restaurants in 2009.
If you want to go visit Keira, all you have to do is make a reservation! If you see her walking the floor, don’t hesitate to say hello. I’m sure she’ll charm you with some of her Southern hospitality. And with that, welcome to ITCK!
1. What is your favorite ingredient? Duck fat.
2. What is your least favorite ingredient? Fish fumet
3. James Beard Award or Michelin Guide star? James Beard
4. What turns you off? Slow walkers
5. What is your favorite curse word? Fuck. But isn’t that the best one ever?
6. What one item must you have in your kitchen? A sharp knife… need I say more?
7. What one item would you ban from your kitchen? Radio’s
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Architecture
9. What profession would you not like to do? Accountant, that would cause the last meal.
10. You are faced with the choice of selecting your last meal, what’s in it? Pot roast, carrots and potatoes, subdued to sleep by the beef.
About Inside The Chef’s Kitchen
ITCK is a weekly series featuring an Atlanta area chef or culinary personality. It is based on the Proust Questionnaire and inspired by James Lipton’s Inside The Actors Studio. You can find all the posts here on FoodieBuddha.com by clicking here. Also, you can follow it via twitter at #itck.