Buddha Restaurant & Dining Tours
The Buddha Tour is just a cute name for an old pastime: dining tours. For each tour, I will pick a theme and then visit between five and twenty eateries in the metro-Atlanta area [each of which is thematically appropriate].
A tour will [usually] last between two and four weeks, have its own set of rules, and hopefully be a lot of fun. Below you will find a list of the tours as they come together. Tour specific rules (or lack there of) will be listed alongside a link to each tour post and some type of summary/winner/whatever.
- Tour ratings are specifically related to the theme at hand. Things like service and vibe may be identified and rated separately; but, that score will be independent of the tour score.
- National chains will be eligible; however, they will only be considered on a tour-by-tour basis. The main goal of this is to sample local food.
- Price point is generally not a factor. However, it would be unfair to completely ignore it.
As a quick aside, I will try and do things that people have not already done (at least, not here in Atlanta). If you know of any "tour" from another blogger, please let me know and I’ll add it to the links section at the bottom of the page.
List of Tours:
The Atlanta Sub & Sandwich Tour
- The focus is on sub shops, sandwich places, and bakeries. However, a few full service restaurants that do not offer more than one option are included.
- All stops will be rated on the following: bread, proteins (a.k.a. beef, pork, etc…), veggies, queso, condiments, and overall quality. The scores also consider how well a given ingredient is used. For example: the cheese rating will factor in whether or not the proper amount of cheese found its way onto said sammy. Unlike my review scoring system, the overall score is a straight average.
- Two sandwiches will be sampled at all locations. When possible, one sandwich will always be vegetarian and the other will be something the shop is known for/good at.
- All food will be consumed on site (again, when possible) and absolutely no delivery!!!
- Guests and blind tasters will be relied upon when possible. However, it may not be possible to find someone to get in on each stop (I’m not that popular in person)
- This is a cold cut first event. Warm sandwiches and the like are more than acceptable; however, Hamburgers and cheesesteaks are not eligible for consideration.
Click the date to view the article. I will integrate a table with sortable columns before too long!
|Elliott Street Deli||03.14.09||2.1|
|Muss & Turner’s||03.19.09||1.8|
|Café at Pharr||06.10.09||1.0|