As bloggers, we all try and do something to stand out. Creative juices flow and the result are things like Tami’s Eat On 30, Jimmy’s pizza thang, and Kessler’s new found 30 in 30 (note: that’s a link to twitter and it should fill in as the days pass). Those all require a lot of work, heavy organizational skills, and a lot of time. I wanted to go for something a little more lighthearted and a little less time intensive.
As a result, starting this week, I’ll be running the first post in a series I’m tagging as “Inside The Chef’s Kitchen.” Though the name isn’t super original, many of you may make the immediate connection to the über cool Bravo TV show – Inside the Actors Studio. At the end of each episode, host James Lipton prods his guest into answering the following questions:
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Borrowed from French talk show host Bernard Pivot, the list is essentially a twice removed take on the Proust Questionnaire (wiki). Using that as the inspiration, I’m going to track down a few chefs from the Atlanta area (and nearby), and put them to the task (with a modified list of course!) Hopefully, I’ll be able to do this every Friday … so we’ll see how long I can stick to that. You’ll be able to follow the action on the blog or via my twitter account using the hash tag #itck. Meanwhile, if you’re a chef or if you know a chef, feel free to contact me! I can always use the people.