More cool news for the Dirty. Recent ITCK participant Shaun Doty is headed to NYC in early February. While there, he’ll cook dinner at the James Beard House. In addition to handing out the James Beard Award, the JBF is a full fledged organization that offers recipes, hosts events, and even helps educate people.
One of their recurring events is a dinner series featuring a chef du jour. On February 3rd, that chef will be the aforementioned Doty. More details after the jump.
For Shaun’s Southern Charm, the JBF did a nice little write up on Doty:
“In a city now inundated with national-chain restaurants,” wrote reviewer John Mariani, “Shaun’s is a paragon of what contemporary Southern food can and should be.” The type of neighborhood bistro we’d move for, Shaun’s has wooed locals and critics alike with chef and owner Shaun Doty’s ingredient-driven, creative American cuisine.
The meal is a fully paired and prepared dinner inspired by the chef of the night. If you are in or around the NYC area around that time, this might be a cool little excursion. Here is the menu for February’s dinner:
- Benton’s Smoked Bacon with Ancho Chilies and Honeycomb
- Beer-Battered Sage Leaves and Olives
- Pimiento Cheese and Crudités
- Organic Chicken Livers with Red Pepper Jam
- Crispy Flatbread with Sweet Grass Dairy Dante Goat Cheese
Kluge Estate SP Rosé 2005 Cocktail
- Lobster Rémoulade with Little Gem Lettuce and Dill
Kluge Estate SP Blanc de Blancs 2005
- Carolina Gold Rice Soup with Quail, Peanuts, and Scallions
Kluge Estate Albemarle Rosé 2008
- Shrimp and Anson Mills Grits with Organic Egg and Creole Seasoning
Kluge Estate Albemarle Simply Red 2005
- Georgia Berkshire Pork w. Brawn, Red Wine Quince, & Sweet Grass Dairy Asher Blue Cheese
Kluge Estate New World Red 2005
- Fried Sweet Potato Pie with Cinnamon Sugar, Chestnut Honey, and Bourbon Ice Cream
Kluge Estate Cru NV
At $165 for non-members ($125 for), it ain’t cheap. However, things like this might be more about the experience than the food. For tickets, call 212.627.2308 and make sure to visit the James Beard website.