Seeing as I’m actually in town, I figured … what the heck … I might as well post something. As luck would have it, today is Friday! And that means, it’s Inside The Chef’s Kitchen Day. Today’s participant is the longstanding executive chef/partner of JCT Kitchen & Bar.
Ford Fry has been a fixture on Atlanta’s culinary scene for some time and comes backed by several noteworthy awards and accomplishments. While JCT Kitchen and I haven’t always mixed well, it’s a restaurant with a solid reputation. Besides, you don’t end up on the Food Network for being a slouch.
In another one of life’s strange coincidences, I ended up at JCT for dinner last night. It was a strong meal highlighted by some impeccably fresh Otter Cove oysters and killer pork sliders (yes … those same sliders that I was so cold shoulder about).
There is no doubt that Fry is a skilled chef, a hard worker, and someone who focuses on making his restaurant and food a success. Three things this community should not overlook. So welcome Ford and welcome to ITCK!
1. What is your favorite ingredient? Brown Butter
2. What is your least favorite ingredient? Bell Peppers
3. James Beard Award or Michelin Guide star? James Beard award
4. What turns you off? Stuffy, quiet restaurants that are no fun!
5. What is your favorite curse word? Verga!
6. What one item must you have in your kitchen? Stocks
7. What one item would you ban from your kitchen? Peeled garlic!
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Hot air balloon bungee jumper
9. What profession would you not like to do? Grease trap pumper
10. You are faced with the choice of selecting your last meal, what’s in it? Cheese enchiladas from Guero’s Taco Bar, Austin
Alright ya’ll, that’s all for now. See you next week!
About Inside The Chef’s Kitchen
ITCK is a weekly series featuring an Atlanta area chef or culinary personality. It is based on the Proust Questionnaire and inspired by James Lipton’s Inside The Actors Studio. You can find all the posts here on FoodieBuddha.com by clicking here. Also, you can follow it via twitter at #itck.
Pingback: JCT Kitchen (Atlanta, GA) « beakersandbouillabaisse