Just because I was away doesn’t mean the world came to a screeching halt (shocking, I know). So here are some odds and ends from around the net from the past week+. I’ll leave this post, with a heavy heart.
- The always chatter worth Holeman+Finch announced that they are expanding their Sunday brunch hours. Starting January 17th, you’ll be able to grab a seat starting at 11:30 in the AM. [via]
- Kentucky Fried Chicken really put themselves in some hot oil. One of their Australian commercials has turned hot button Stateside. All I’ll say: You be the judge. [via]
- For $34.00, you too can be the proud owner of a 24-oz bag of Bacon Bourbon Caramel Corn (above). I’d say this takes the concept of sweet/savory to a whole notha’ level. Looks so nasty it must be good. [purchase]
- Speaking of meatastic products … it’s playoff time. If you’re anything like me, this means you’re hard at work planning your Super Bowl party. Mine just got a whole lot better because I’ll be serving edible sausage footballs. Boo-yaa! [via – too many]
- Food stylists play a bigger role in our lives than you or I might ever realize. Still, there’s the right way to do it, and then there is this way. Enjoy!
- The unfortunate reality is that not all news is good news. Sadly, our little food community was dealt a serious blow of tragic reality. Maureen Allaben, one of the food stylists who did it right, was recently murdered. A much more detailed recap can be found on the AJC. Meanwhile, you can perhaps find a little comfort in the cheerful little interview from Creative Loafing this past September. Last but not least, you can find the testament to her talent still alive.
1 comment Write a comment