Chef Todd Annis has definitely earned his knives. As the current head of Bold American Catering, Annis is in charge of the catering arm of Fifth Group Restaurants. Prior to that, he spent time slinging pans at places like Carbo’s Café, Araxi, and the much discussed but now defunct Rainwater. If you’ve ever snacked on some grub while at the King Plow Art Center or Studio 887, chances are … you tasted some of Annis’ food.
You can see some of the blurb on Annis over at Creative Loafing. It’s a piece from ‘01 when he was at Rainwater. Meanwhile, you can also show your appreciation by giving his Facebook fan page some love. But before you move on, kick back on this rainy Atlanta day and enjoy some musings. And with that, welcome to ITCK!
1. What is your favorite ingredient? Corn, you can do so many things with this item.
2. What is your least favorite ingredient? Rosemary, it is over used and most people use too much in their dishes.
3. James Beard Award or Michelin Guide star? James Beard hands down
4. What turns you off? Angry arrogant chefs and line cooks.
5. What is your favorite curse word? What the F*%#? Or Jiminy Cricket
6. What one item must you have in your kitchen? My knives
7. What one item would you ban from your kitchen? Any institutionally pre made products
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Oceanographer or helicopter pilot
9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything at a desk inputting numbers
10. You are faced with the choice of selecting your last meal, what’s in it? Kraft mac and cheese, port braised short ribs, and a fluffn’nutter.
Alright ya’ll, that’s all for now. See you next week!
About Inside The Chef’s Kitchen
ITCK is a weekly series featuring an Atlanta area chef or culinary personality. It is based on the Proust Questionnaire and inspired by James Lipton’s Inside The Actors Studio. You can find all the posts here on FoodieBuddha.com by clicking here. Also, you can follow it via twitter at #itck.