Top Chef Masters, a spinoff of Bravo TV’s popular Top Chef, is scheduled to premier its second season on April 7, 2010. As these things come and go, networks try to make a big deal of announcing the cast for any upcoming season of a reality TV show.
After several months of rumors, the lid was popped on this can just a short while ago. For comedic relief, I’ve included a little screen shot of a search I did on the topic. Notice how the first four search results all said “Exclusive.” HA! Okay, useless eye candy shot and all that good stuff after the jump!
A few notes:
- There are 22 contestants (sorry – not going to use that other word cuz it’s lame)
- Six of the 22 appeared on season 1 (denoted with a star)
- In addition to hostess Kelly Choi
(left .. and with a dead goat)[redacted, picture was just too damn stupid] and judge Gail Simmons, a series of guest judges will get in on the action
- Case in point: I’m super freaking stoked that Matt Groening (creator of the Simpsons) and Hank Azaria (voice of Apu Nahasapeemapetilon amongst others) will be on as guest judges. D’oh!
- I’m still pissed that the Simpsons is still on the air. A devout follower since the Tracey Ullman days, it’s just not that good anymore. Enough soap boxing for one post …
Here’s a list of Contestants (in alphabetical order):
- Jody Adams – Rialto Restaurant, Cambridge, Mass.
- Govind Armstrong – 8 oz Burger Bar, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Graham Elliot Bowles – Graham Elliot Restaurant, Chicago, Ill.
- Jimmy Bradley – The Red Cat, New York, N.Y.
- David Burke – David Burke Townhouse, New York, N.Y.
- * Wylie Dufresne – wd~50, New York, N.Y.
- Susan Feniger – Street, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Debbie Gold – The American Restaurant, Kansas City, Mo.
- Carmen Gonzalez – Chef Consultant, New York, N.Y.
- Maria Hines – Tilth, Seattle, Wash.
- Susur Lee – Madeline’s, Toronto, Canada
- * Ludo Lefebvre – Ludo Bites, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Tony Mantuano – Spiaggia, Chicago, Ill.
- * Rick Moonen – Rick Moonen’s RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nev.
- * Mark Peel – Campanile, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Monica Pope – t’afla, Houston, Texas
- Thierry Rautureau – Rover’s, Seattle, Wash.
- Marcus Samuelsson – The Red Rooster, New York, N.Y.
- Ana Sortun – Oleana, Cambridge, Mass.
- Rick Tramonto – TRU, Chicago, Ill.
- Jerry Traunfeld – Poppy, Seattle, Wash.
- * Jonathan Waxman – Barbuto, New York, N.Y.
Though there isn’t any content on season 2 just yet, you can always visit the shows homepage on BravoTV.com for more info.