Ron Eyester is a longtime fixture of the Atlanta restaurant scene. The one time chef of Food 101 in Morningside/Virginia Highlands now serves as the owner of the restaurant. Renamed and rebranded as Rosebud, Eyester continues to pump the city full of love from his headquarters of worldwide domination.
A huge deadhead in his own right, the musically inclined chef loves to take his polished neighborhood restaurant and open it up to fun times. Case in point, Eyester is turning Rosebud into a sea of white on March 3rd. That night, he’s hosting “The White Dinner,” a tribute the the cult classic Beatles album of a similar name (aka The White Album). Full details are are up on the Rosebud website, so go have a look-see. Meanwhile, I’ve included a copy of the menu after the jump.
So back on point, Eyester is a social dude, so you should definitely check him out on twitter via @TheAngryChef. Meanwhile, keep reading to see what he things of my take on Proust. And with that, welcome to ITCK!
2. What is your least favorite ingredient? Mint
3. James Beard Award or Michelin Guide star? James Beard
4. What turns you off? People who think the menu is a mere suggestion and insist on “building” their own entrees. Also, people who magically turn their dislikes into allergies.
5. What is your favorite curse word? Dumbass
6. What one item must you have in your kitchen? Maille Mustard
7. What one item would you ban from your kitchen? A tie between bananas & tofu
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Truck driver
9. What profession would you not like to do? Any type of sales
10. You are faced with the choice of selecting your last meal, what’s in it? The corn fritters my grandmother used to make for me
Alright ya’ll, that’s all for now. See you next week!
About Inside The Chef’s Kitchen
ITCK is a weekly series featuring an Atlanta area chef or culinary personality. It is based on the Proust Questionnaire and inspired by James Lipton’s Inside The Actors Studio. You can find all the posts here on FoodieBuddha.com by clicking here. Also, you can follow it via twitter at #itck.