Here on Inside The Chef’s Kitchen, we like to branch out a bit and look for people outside the Atlanta restaurant community. For this weeks visit, we have Bradley Rouse, whose serves as the executive chef for the Atlanta Hawks. In his spare time, he also heads up a little venture by the name of All Star Chefs (website), a chef service for athletes.
After graduating from the Art Institute of Atlanta, Rouse went to work for Carbo’s Café, a now defunct French-American restaurant that was quite popular around these parts. Rouse eventually landed at Prime Restaurant as their sushi chef before leaving the Capital of the South for a job a Wolfgang Puck’s Grand Café in Fort Lauderdale.
But alas, the call home was too much to ignore, and Rouse returned home, where he is responsible for feeding employees of the Highlight Factory, our beloved Atlanta Hawks. That’s no sluff position, especially since one of the Hawks is now a restaurateur himself.
So it’s with great pleasure that we’re treated to pictures of Rouse along with a little bit of his time. Hope y’all enjoy … and welcome to ITCK!
1. What is your favorite ingredient? Molasses, I use it for marinades, brines and in baking (keeps product moist)
2. What is your least favorite ingredient? Whirl
3. James Beard Award or Michelin Guide star? JB
4. What turns you off? Foodies [Note from the editor … OUCH!!!]
5. What is your favorite curse word? Curse phrase” yall motherfuckers forgot about me!”
6. What one item must you have in your kitchen? Beer
7. What one item would you ban from your kitchen? headphones
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Pharmacist
9. What profession would you not like to do? Bartender
10. You are faced with the choice of selecting your last meal, what’s in it? Eggs Benedict, although every time I have it I get paranoid the rest of the day.
Alright ya’ll, that’s all for now. See you next week!
About Inside The Chef’s Kitchen
ITCK is a weekly series featuring an Atlanta area chef or culinary personality. It is based on the Proust Questionnaire and inspired by James Lipton’s Inside The Actors Studio. You can find all the posts here on FoodieBuddha.com by clicking here. Also, you can follow it via twitter at #itck.